Green Tomatillo Sauce
Appetizers, Dinner, Sauces, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Sodium
Based on per 2 tablespoons servings per recipe.
- 1 pound tomatillos
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 each garlic cloves
- 1 each jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Remove the husks from tomatillos and rinse off the sticky residue on the skins before using.
- Toss tomatillos, onion, garlic cloves, and jalapeño with some olive oil.
- Roast at 400 degrees until soft and a bit charred.
- Let cool.
- Add cilantro.
- Combine ingredients in a blender or food processor until well blended.
- Serve on pork, chicken, fish tacos or enchiladas or as a base for chili verde
About This Recipe
Leathery wrappers hide a moist, apple textured fruit. Tomatillos are available in most grocery stores and this quick sauce is great on tacos or a base for chile verde.