Sesame Pasta Salad
Side Dishes, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 of a (16 ounce) package pasta such as penne
- 1/2 of pepper red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/4 of small head green cabbage, shredded
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
Add sesame seeds, and cook stirring frequently until lightly toasted.
Remove from heat, and set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add pasta, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until al dente (still slightly firm).
Drain pasta, and rinse under cold water until cool.
Transfer to a large bowl.
Add sliced red bell pepper and shredded cabbage to the pasta.
In a container with a tight-fitting lid, combine vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, ginger, pepper, and sesame seeds.
Pour sesame dressing over pasta, and toss to coat evenly.
Gently mix in cilantro, and green onions.
About This Recipe
Two great dishes-pasta and slaw blended with Asian flavors for a delicious side dish.