Based on 12-14 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup dried Great Northern beans
- 1 cup dried black eyed peas
- 1 cup dried lima beans
- 1/2 cup dried small lima beans
- 8 cups water
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 1-2 jalapeño chili peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- Rinse and sort the dried beans.
- Place beans in Crock-Pot (slow cooker) with water.
- Set temperature to low.
- Meanwhile, sauté onions, garlic, diced chicken, and jalapeños in vegetable or canola oil in a skillet for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add to the Crock-Pot.
- Add corn and spices to mixture.
- Let cook 9-11 hours, or overnight.
- Before serving, stir in the sour cream.
About This Recipe
This rich and meaty chili will feed a crowd and is packed full of protein and fiber.