Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
Desserts, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 12 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 pound butter, unsalted
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup coffee liquer
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Crush wafer cookies.
- Measure 3 cups of crumbs and cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Press into bottom and fill up to 3/4 of a 9″ by 3″ springform pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt half the chocolate over simmering water. Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs and beat well.
- Add cream, vanilla, liquer and melted chocolate and blend well.
- Remove crust from refrigerator and evenly add filling.
- Place in oven for 1 hour, and then check if center is solid (does not jiggle when lightly shaken). Leave in if needed.
- Melt remaining chocolate and pour over the top. Let cool to solidify before serving.
About This Recipe
A rich chocolate cheesecake with coffee flavoring. Top with raspberries for an elegant dessert.