Based on 16 servings per recipe.
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a very large fry pan on medium high heat, add all ingredients.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.
- Remove meat from heat, drain excess liquid.
- Let cool in the refrigerator.
- Portion meat into 4 recipe size portions and add to freezer containers. Keeps in freezer for up to 3 months.
Tip: Buy ground beef or turkey when on sale and cook a big batch to freeze. You can also cut recipe in half for smaller portions. Use in tacos, nachos, spaghetti, Shepard’s pie, stroganoff, goulash, soups, casseroles or Low Sodium Sloppy Joes
About This Recipe
Cook up a batch of this low sodium meat mix and portion in meal sized bags for a quick high protein meal.