Chinese Sponge Cake
Desserts, Ethnic, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Create a water bath by filling a pan half way with water; place in middle rack of the oven to preheat.
- Line 4 ramekins or custard cups with parchement paper.
- Beat eggs on low for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar gradually while continuing to beat the eggs.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder and fold into egg mixture.
- Pour into lined ramekins and place in water bath in preheated oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the tops are lightly browned.
About This Recipe
A smooth dessert with added protein.