Chicken with Cornbread Stuffing
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons + 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash Original Blend, divided
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend
- 4 (4 ounce) pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 2 cups (about 7 ounces) cornbread, coarsely crumbled
- 2 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1 cup fat-free low sodium chicken broth
- Chop parsley.
- Combine 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash® Original Blend, Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend™, parsley, mix lightly.
- Coat chicken breasts on both sides with seasoning blend mixture.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken breasts to skillet, cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in skillet over low heat.
- Add celery, onion, 1 tablespoon + 1 1/2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash® Original Blend, sage, mixing to blend.
- Cook over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine cornbread crumbs and croutons in mixing bowl.
- Add vegetable mixture and broth, mixing to blend.
- Spoon dressing mixture to large baking dish lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken breasts on top of dressing mixture.
- Cover, bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes.
- Remove cover, continue baking 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken breast registers internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Garnish with celery leaves, if desired.
About This Recipe
Tasty chicken with a lower sodium corrn bread stuffing.