Almond Pecan Caramel Popcorn
Desserts, Holidays, Snacks, Vegetarian, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 10 servings per recipe.
- 20 cups popped popcorn about 3/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. In a large roasting pan, layer cooked popcorn evenly with almonds and pecans.
2. In large heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, butter, corn syrup and cream of tartar.
3. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Let boil for 5 minutes without stirring.
4. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
5. Pour caramel evenly over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat well.
6. Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 10 minutes.
7. Let cool, stirring occasionally. Store in airtight tin for up to one week.
About This Recipe
Sweet and crunchy, this caramel corn is easy to make and tastes better than the county fair's.