Chicken and Corn Chowder
Dinner, Lunch, Soups, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 12 slices bacon, low sodium
- 2 onions, chopped
- 7 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 4 potatoes, diced and soaked
- 8 cups Corn
- 8 boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 6 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 cups Mocha Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 green onions, chopped
- Cook bacon in a pan until crisp, remove bacon and set aside.
- Saute onions in the bacon fat.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add corn, chicken and thyme.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked (15 mins).
- Stir Mocha Mix into the soup and simmer 2 mins.
- Sprinkle in bacon, pepper and green onions.
About This Recipe
This recipe blends Midwestern flavors for a warm and comforting soup.