Based on 8-10 servings per recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups Almonds
- 1/4 cup Almonds for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Almond extract
- 1 cup, cold, cut in 6-8 pieces Butter or margarine
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2-3 Asian pears
- 1/2 cup melted slightly Apple,current jelly or lemon marmalade
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In food processor pulse 1 ½ cups nuts, flour, sugar, lemon, and cinnamon, until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add almond extract, butter, and egg yolks.
- Pulse to mix.
- Grease bottom and sides of 9″ springform pan and fill with dough, pressing up to sides. Reserve 1/4-1/2 cup batter.
- Slice Asian Pears about 1/4″ thick.
- Starting at middle of batter, layer slices in consecutive ring out from center. Make two complete circles around top of torte.
- Melt jelly for 1 minute in microwave and brush over Asian pear slices.
- Sprinkle edges and center with remaining sliced almonds.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool before opening springform pan.
- Garnish with marishino cherry in center and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
About This Recipe
This torte is an impressive presentation to serve your guests instead of pie.