Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger ( optional)
- 2 cups shredded carrots (~6 medium carrots)
(Serving size is 1 muffin)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly coat muffin tins with oil or nonstick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a whisk or fork to mix wet ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Mix in shredded carrots (stir in as little as possible)
- Fill muffins evenly with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
About This Recipe
Using Salt-Free versions of Baking Soda & Baking Powder will reduce sodium levels.