Based on 12 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Chopped raisins or med. dates, diced
- 1/3 cup Oil (corn, soybean, or safflower)
- 1 1/2 cups Pure bran
- 3 tablespoons Brown-type granular sugar substitute
- 1 cup Boiling water
- Pour boiling water over diced fruit.
- Allow to stand at least 20 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain fruit, adding boiling water to the drained liquid to make 1 cup and put in blender with oil.
- Blend 1 minute.
- Immediately pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add fruit and remix.
- Place batter in non-stick oblong, 8″x10″ baking dish.
- Level with fingers or spatula and then mark cuttings: 4 rows the narrow way and 6 rows the long way.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375F for 22 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Refrigerate or freeze if keeping more than 2 days, as they tend to mold quickly.
About This Recipe
Bran breakfast bars are a sweet way to add fiber to your breakfast or snack time.