Beef Barley Soup
Dinner, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 10 servings per recipe.
- 2 lbs Beef Stew Meat (diced 1 inch)
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Chicken Broth (Low Sodium)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 (16 ounces) Frozen Package Vegetables
- 2 (soaked) Potatoes (Diced)
- 1/2 cup Barley
- Season beef with peper.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil to stew pot and saute 5 mins.
- Add 2 more Tbsp of oil and add onions, carrots and mushrooms.
- Saute for 5 mins and stir often.
- Add garlic and thyme and saute 3 mins.
- Add chicken broth and water to pot.
- Add mixed vegtables, potatoes and barley.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
About This Recipe
Packed with protein and fiber, this soup is easy to make ahead and reheat for a quick meal.