Apple Rice Salad
Lunch, Salads, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 2 cups cooked rice (any kind), chilled
- 2 cups (about 2 medium) apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds, shelled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons brown or dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, finely shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine chilled rice, apple, celery, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the rice mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
About This Recipe
A quick and filling low sodium salad.