Apple Rice Salad
Lunch, Salads, Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons brown or dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked rice (any kind), chilled
- 2 cups (about 2 medium) apples, chopped
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds, shelled
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard, orange peel, and garlic powder. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, apples, celery, and sunflower seeds. Toss until well mixed.
- Drizzle the dressing over the rice salad mixture and toss until salad is well coated.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
About This Recipe
A quick and filling low sodium salad.