Apple Rice Salad
Lunch, Salads, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 2 cups Cooked rice (any kind), chilled
- 2 cups (about 2 medium) Apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted sunflower seeds, shelled
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Orange peel, finely shredded
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- Combine chilled rice, apple, celery, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the rice mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
About This Recipe
A quick and filling low sodium salad.