Mediterranean Lamb Patties
Dinner, Entrees, Lunch, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup panko* bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or dried mint)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Form into four equal sized patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add patties and keep the heat high until browned, then flip, about 5 minutes each side and turn down the heat.
- Be sure patties are cooked all the way through, no longer pink in the middle or when internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
About This Recipe
*Panko is a Japanese bread crumb and a low-sodium food. You can buy it at most grocery stores in the Asian food section.