Acorn Squash Baked with Pineapple
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Diabetic, Low Sodium
Based on 2 servings per recipe.
- 1 Acorn squash (cut in half, seeded)
- 2 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Margarine or Butter
- 3 Tablespoon Pineapple (crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine or Butter
1. Place squash with cut side up in greased baking pan.
2. Place one teaspoon butter plus one teaspoon brown sugar in each acorn half.
3. Bake squash, covered, at 400 degrees until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
4. Scoop out cooked squash out of shells, leaving 1/4 inch thick shell.
5. Mix cooked squash, pineapple, butter, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Spoon mixture into shells; heat at 425ªF for approximately 15 minutes.
About This Recipe
This recipe makes a great warm and sweet side dish.