Acorn Squash Baked with Pineapple
Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 2 servings per recipe.
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons pineapple, crushed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash with cut side up in greased baking pan.
- Place one teaspoon butter plus one teaspoon brown sugar in each acorn half.
- Cover squash with aluminum foil and bake until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Scoop cooked squash out of shells, leaving 1/4 inch thick shell.
- Mix cooked squash, pineapple, 1 tablespoon butter, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into shells; heat at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
About This Recipe
This recipe makes a great warm and sweet side dish.