Acorn Squash Baked with Pineapple
Side Dishes, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 2 servings per recipe.
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half and seeded
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoon pineapple, crushed
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Place squash with cut side up in greased baking pan.
2. Place one teaspoon butter plus one teaspoon brown sugar in each acorn half.
3. Cover squash with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees until tender, approximately 30 minutes.
4. Scoop cooked squash out of shells, leaving 1/4 inch thick shell.
5. Mix cooked squash, pineapple, 1 tablespoon butter, and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Spoon mixture into shells; heat at 425 degrees for approximately 15 minutes.
About This Recipe
This recipe makes a great warm and sweet side dish.