Based on 1 serving per recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup filling (vegetable, meat, seafood)
1. Beat together eggs and water until blended.
2. In a 10-inch omelet pan or fry pan, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
3. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set at edges right away. With an inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach the hot pan surface. Tilt pan and move as necessary.
4. Continue until egg is set and will not flow. Fill the omelet with 1/2 cup of vegetable, meat, seafood, or fruit filling, if desired. Put filling on left side if you’re right handed and the right side if you’re left handed.
5. With the pancake turner, fold omelet in half. Invert onto a plate with the omelet’s bottom side facing up.
About This Recipe
Eggs are a great source of protein and a quick meal when time is limited.