Based on 1 serving per recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup filling (vegetables, meat, seafood)
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated
- Beat together eggs and water.
- Prepare your fillings.
- In a 10-inch omelet pan or fry pan, heat butter and pour in egg mixture.
- Carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach the hot pan. Tilt pan and move as necessary. Continue until eggs are set and will not flow.
- Fill the omelet with 1/2 cup of filling and cheese.
- With the spatula, fold omelet in half.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, 60-Second Salsa (page 14), or Quick Pesto (page 29).
Leftover beef, chicken, or salmon, Fresh ground pork, Mushrooms, Asparagus, Spinach, Tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, black beans, fresh parsley or basil
About This Recipe
Eggs are a great source of protein and a quick meal when time is limited.