Tomatillo, Corn and Black Bean Chutney
Appetizers, Sauces, Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Sodium
Based on 40 servings per recipe.
- 1 lb or ~18-20 tomatillos, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, choppped
- 4 jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/4 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
In a large sauce pan, bring all ingredients to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally.
Keeps refrigerated 4-6 weeks and frozen up to a year.
About This Recipe
A mixture of fresh flavors make this a delicious salsa dish that adds a twist to plain meat or great flavor to create south of the border meals.