Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces, or shrimp
- 4 cup Simple Chicken Broth or other low sodium broth
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (brown or white)
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce or chili flakes
- 1 lemon grass stalk, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 10 white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Spray a large pot with non stick cooking spray and cook chicken or shrimp over medium heat until evenly browned.
Add broth, fish sauce, sugar, chili sauce, lemongrass, and ginger.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add coconut milk, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Stir in lime juice before serving.
About This Recipe
This twist on chicken soup is slightly creamy with just a bit of heat. Add cilantro as a beautiful garnish.