Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or leftover beef, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3-5 small new potatoes, cut in 1-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1 bag or 3 cups mixed vegetables, frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried sage
- 2 cups instant or homemade mashed potatoes
- In large skillet, add oil and ground beef or turkey. Cook until brown.
- Add onions and mushrooms. Cook till onions are transparent.
- In small bowl, microwave potato wedges for 5 minutes, or boil in water on stovetop until tender.
- In a saucepan melt butter, add flour and cook over medium heat until light golden color. Slowly add milk, stirring until thick and creamy.
- In a 9”x13” baking dish, combine beef mixture, potato wedges, vegetables, parsley, pepper, sage and sauce together. Spread evenly in dish.
- Make mashed potatoes according to package directions, spread on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Tip: Try topping with a pie crust or panko breadcrumbs instead of mashed potatoes.
About This Recipe
Comfort food that everyone will enjoy. Split the recipe and freeze for an east meal later.