Based on tbd servings per recipe.
- 4, chilled Beets, roasted, peeled, diced
- 2-3 ounces Stilton or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Fruit or herb vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 per person Bed of leaf lettuce
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast beets till tender, about 45 min.
- Chill, peel and dice.
- Turn out onto parchment paper or aluminum foil and separate nuts while still hot.
- Prepare lettuce bed.
- Toss beets with basil, vinegar and oil.
- Sprinkle on lettuce bed.
- Scatter cheese cubes and nuts across the top.
About This Recipe
Colorful red and yellow beets add interest to a meat dish. Roast extra beets when cooking them for a meal so you can have the leftovers for this amazing salad.