Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1 package Penne pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel or cream cheese
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup Boiling water
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Canola oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Meat, fish, shrimp of choice
- 1-2 cups Veggies (asparagus, broccoli, peas)
Start pasta water boiling.
Once it is hot, remove about 2/3 cup boiling water and add pasta.
While waiting for water to boil, sauté garlic in oil in frying pan.
If adding meat or veggies, sauté till done with garlic.
In food processor or blender, mix cheeses and fresh herbs and 1/2 cup of the hot water.
If sauce is too thick, add more water.
Pour into fry pan over sautéed garlic, (and veggies/ meat if you choose.
Pour over whole grain pasta.
About This Recipe
This delicious and creamy sauce is a great low phosphorus and low potassium substitute for tomato sauce.