Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 package penne pasta
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup meat, fish, shrimp of choice
- 1-2 cups veggies (asparagus, broccoli, peas)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Neufchatel or cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
Start boiling pasta water.
Once water is boiling, remove about 2/3 cup boiling water and add pasta.
While waiting for water to boil, sauté garlic in oil in frying pan.
If adding meat or veggies, sauté until done with garlic.
In food processor or blender, mix cheeses and fresh herbs and 1/2 cup of the hot water.
If sauce is too thick, add more water.
Pour into fry pan over sautéed garlic and veggies/meat if you choose.
Pour over pasta.
About This Recipe
This delicious and creamy sauce is a great low phosphorus and low potassium substitute for tomato sauce.