Pasta Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Salads, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 8 leaves Fresh basil
- 1 clove Fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 2 small Roasted red bell peppers(canned ok)
- 1 (16 ounce) package Penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 large Sweet yellow onion, sliced
- Puree all sauce ingredients together in a food processor or blender.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onion and saute until the onion carmelizes (turns soft and lightly brown.)
- Combine pasta, caramelized onions and sauce in a large bowl.
- Pasta salad may be eaten immediately or it may be kept in the refrigertor for up to 3 days.
About This Recipe
Roasted pepper sauce is a sweet alternative to tomato based sauces so they are lower in potasssium.