Microwave Lemon Curd
Desserts, Snacks, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 16 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 lemons, zested
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar & eggs until smooth.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and butter.
- Cook in the microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the microwave and pour into small sterile jars.
- Store for up to three weeks in the refrigerator.
About This Recipe
Make a small batch of this delicious filling from those leftover lemons. It is also delicious in a mini pie crust or even on vanilla wafers.