Microwave Berry Jam
Sauces, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 16 servings per recipe.
- 1 cup mashed berries (any kind or combination)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Put ingredients in a microwave proof bowl and mix.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes for all berries except strawberries, which should be microwaved for 4 minutes.
- Microwave another 5 minutes, (4 for Strawberries).
- Put in container with lid or cover with plastic wrap, keep refrigerated.
- Keeps for several months.
About This Recipe
Make a small batch of summer bounty fruit jam to save those fresh flavors.