Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad
Dinner, Lunch, Salads, Side Dishes, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces rotini, uncooked
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 head anise (fennel), sliced
- 8 mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Make the dressing (garlic through black pepper) by adding all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and whisking them together.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the vegetables. Pour half of dressing over the vegetables and stir until all are lightly coated. Let vegetables marinate while you cook the pasta following package directions. Rinse pasta in cold water.
- Meanwhile, turn your oven on to broil, or start heating up your barbeque. Use a greased broiler pan if using the oven, or use a grill basket if using the barbeque.
- Spread vegetables out on broiling pan or add vegetable mixture to hot grill basket and cook until the vegetables turn golden brown. Stir them every 4-5 minutes to allow the browning to occur evenly. When browned, pour into a large serving bowl, add the pasta and the remaining dressing, and fresh herbs. Toss and serve.
About This Recipe
Shared by Chef Duane Sunwold of the Inland Northwest Culinary Academy in Spokane.