Low Salt Stir-Fry
Dinner, Ethnic, Lunch, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 2 servings per recipe.
- 4 cups (about 3/4 pound) mixed greens (lettuce,collard, beet, etc)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 8 ounces tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cut greens into 2 inch long shreds.
- Heat oil in wok or saute pan.
- Saute onions until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle curry over onions and add sugar and greens.
- Reduce heat and let greens steam in their own juice until tender, 5-8 minutes. (During this time, uncover and turn occasionally. Add a little water if sticking.) Don’t overcook or greens will turn darker.
- Remove greens with slotted spoon leaving juices in pan.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar, heat to boiling.
- When sauce is slightly thickened, remove from heat and poor over greens.
- Garnish with sesame oil and seeds.
About This Recipe
Memorize this quick and healthy low sodium stir fry recipe for a go to meal on busy evenings.