Sesame Greens with Tofu or Paneer
Dinner, Ethnic, Lunch, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 4 cups (about 3/4 pound) mixed greens (lettuce,collard, beet, etc)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onions, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 8 ounces firm tofu or paneer, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Cut greens into 2 inch long shreds. Remove hard stems if needed.
- Drain tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in wok or sauté pan.
- Sauté tofu or paneer, 3 to 5 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Sauté onions until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle curry over onions and add sugar and greens. Cover.
- Reduce heat and let greens steam in their own juice until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stirhalf way through cooking. Don’t overcook or the greens will turn darker.
- Add soy sauce and vinegar, heat to boiling.
- When sauce is slightly thickened, remove from heat and add the tofu or paneer.
- Garnish with sesame oil and seeds. Serve with rice or pita bread
About This Recipe
Try this quick low sodium vegetarian recipe for dinner on a busy evening