Low Salt Green Bean Casserole
Holidays, Side Dishes, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8-10 servings per recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 24 ounces frozen green beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 recipe Simple White Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add breadcrumbs, set aside.
- Cook green beans in microwave for 2 minutes per package instructions,set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter until slightly softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to green beans, along with the Simple White Sauce.
- Mix together in a bowl until well combined.
- Place mixture in a buttered baking dish and top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is browned.
About This Recipe
This holiday favorite gets a makeover with your own cream sauce instead of a can of soup.