Low Salt Green Bean Casserole
Holidays, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8-10 servings per recipe.
- 1 package frozen green beans, defrosted
- 1/4 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 recipe simple white sauce
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter and add breadcrumbs, set aside.
- Cook greeen beans in microwave for 2 minutes,set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter until slightly softened.
- Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushroom mixture to green beans, along with the “simple white sauce” which can be found in the sauces/seasoning category.
- Mix together in a bowl until well combined.
- Place mixture in a buttered baking dish and top with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is browned.
About This Recipe
This holiday favorite gets a make over with your own cream sauce instead of a can of soup.