Honey Glazed Carrots
Dinner, Holidays, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 6 carrots, cut on bias
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pepper to taste
- Bring carrots, water and 1 tablespoon sugar to boil.
- Cover and reduce heat, simmering about 5 minutes
- Uncover and reduce 1-2 minutes.
- Add butter and remaining sugar.
- Stir for 3 minutes.
- Remove and add lemon juice
About This Recipe
The sweetness of carrots is enhanced by cooking and adding honey makes this a kid friendly recipe.