Based on a serving is 2 tablespoons servings per recipe.
- 1 cup low sodium ketchup
- 1 cup no-salt added tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix together ketchup, tomato sauce, brown sugar, wine vinegar, molassess, and liquid smoke.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Simmer for less time for thinner sauce and simmer for more time for thicker sauce.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
About This Recipe
Make your own low sodium BBQ sauce for meats, beans, chili, or marinades.