Based on 7 servings per recipe.
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup divided up in two 1/4 cup portions
- In 1 quart saucepan, stir egg yolks and lemon juice with a wooden spoon.
- Add ¼ cup butter and heat over very low heat, stirring continuity, until butter is melted.
- Then add remaining ¼ cup butter, keeping the heat low, and letting butter melt slowly. This gives the eggs time to cook and thicken without curdling.
- Serve over asparagus or poached eggs or roasted Brussel sprouts.
Note: You can keep this sauce several days refrigerated, to top multiple vegies breakfasts, just before serving, stir in one tablespoon hot water.
About This Recipe
A simple addition to add flavor on eggs or vegetables