Fragrant & Flavorful Basmati Rice
Ethnic, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground cardamom
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 cup White basmati rice
- 1 2/3 cups Low sodium chicken broth
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add spices and garlic.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir until coated with butter and spices.
- Add chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
About This Recipe
Sweet and savory spices elevate this simple rice dish.