Based on 2 servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thin sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 packed cups greens-mustard, collard, kale, mixed
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine or rice vinegar
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sesame oil & sesame seeds
- Cut greens into 2″ long shreds.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Sautee onion until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle tumeric over onion.
- Add sugar and cover.
- Reduce heat and let greens steam in their own juices until tender. About 5-8 minutes. (During this time, uncover and turn occasionally. Add a little water if sticking)
- With slotted spoon remove greens, leaving juices in pan.
- Add soy sauce and wine and heat to boiling.
- When it has thickened slightly, remove from pan and pour sauce over greens and serve.
- Garnish with sesame oil and seeds.
About This Recipe
Asian flavors spice up this greens side dish.