Cornichon Pickles, Low Salt
Snacks, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 24 servings per recipe.
- 3 cups cornichon cucumbers or pickling
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Wash the cucumbers thoroughly; drain or pat dry.
- Place in ceramic bowl and mix well with the salt.
- Let sit for 24 hours.
- Rinse quickly, drain the juices and dry the cucumbers.
- Either put directly into jars, filling three-quarters full, or place into one large glass jar or crock, leaving a 2-inch space between the cucumbers and the top of the container.
- Add the tarragon and the mustard seeds.
- Top with white wine vinegar extending at least 1-inch above the cucumbers.
- Cover jars and leave in a cool place for 3-4 weeks.
About This Recipe
Delicious crunchy low sodium pickles.