Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 large bunch Collard greens, stems removed
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth, low-sodium, fat free
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- Heat oil over medium heat, add onions and garlic and cook until soft (do not burn).
- Add 1/4 of the greens and toss with onions and garlic.
- When greens are wilted, add remaining greens in batches until all are added and wilted.
- Mix in black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. The broth should be almost completely reduced.
- Sprinkle with vinegar before serving.
About This Recipe
Greens are a southern favorite. Watch the portion sizes if you are limting potassium in your diet.