Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 2-3 cups cooked broccoli
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked rice, barley, or noodles
- 2 cups grated cheese
- grated parmesan to top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place broccoli in microwavable bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave until bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown onion and chicken in butter in a pan.
- Mix all ingredients and put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with grated parmesan and bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until set and fork comes out clean.
About This Recipe
Making your own cream sauce instead of using canned soup lowers the sodium in this comfort food.