Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Dinner, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 2-3 cups broccoli, asparagus, mixed vegetables, or green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt free seasoning
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups cooked rice, barley, or noodles
- 1/2 cup almond, rice or soy milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt free seasoning.
- Heat butter in a large skillet. Ad chicken and onions to the skillet. Cook until chicken is brown on both sides and onions are soft.
- In greased 9×13 dish, mix cooked rice, vegetables, chicken and onions, milk, broth, and cheese.
- Sprinkle the top with panko breadcrumbs and bake 45 minutes to an hour.
Tip: Split the recipe in half and make in two 9×9 pans. Freeze one for a quick meal on a busy day
Nutrition information is based on using almond milk and rice.
About This Recipe
Making your own cream sauce instead of using canned soup lowers the sodium in this comfort food.