Asian Pear Salad
Salads, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce
- 4 Asian pears, peeled, cored & diced
- 2 ounces stilton or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- serve with oil and vinegar dressing
- Dissolve sugar and water in nonstick fry pan.
- Heat until syrup forms.
- Quickly stir in nuts.
- Turn out onto parchment paper or aluminum foil and separate nuts while still hot. Let cool.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add pears, cheese, and pomegranate seeds to lettuce.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve with oil and vinegar dressing.
To make this a complete meal, add a diced chicken breast and make the serving a bit bigger.
About This Recipe
This salad has an elegant flavor combination.