Asian Pear Salad
Salads, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 4 Asian pears, peeled, cored & diced
- 1 per person bed of leaf lettuce on plate
- 2 ounces stilton or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Dissolve sugar and water in nonstick frypan.
- Heat until syrup forms.
- Quickly stir in nuts.
- Turn out onto parchment paper or aluminum foil and separate nuts while still hot.
- Peal, slice and cube Asian pears.
- Put on lettuce bed.
- Scatter cheese, walnuts and pomegranates across the top.
To make this a complete meal, add a diced chicken breast and make the serving a bit bigger.
About This Recipe
This salad has an elegant flavor combination.