Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 4 Asian Pears, peeled, cored & diced
- 1 per person bed of leaf lettuce on plate
- 2 ounces Stilton or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Walnuts or Pecans
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- Dissolve sugar and water in nonstick frypan.
- Heat until syrup forms.
- Quickly stir in nuts.
- Turn out onto parchment paper or aluminum foil and separate nuts while still hot.
- Peal, slice and cube Asian Pears.
- Put on lettuce bed.
- Scatter cheese, walnuts and pomegranates across the top.
To make this a complete meal, add a diced chicken breast and make the serving a bit bigger.
About This Recipe
This salad has an elegant flavor combination.