Asian Pear Crisp
Desserts, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6-8 servings per recipe.
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- juice from one lemon
- 3 pounds Asian pears, peeled & cored
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix nuts, flour, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in food processor.
- Pour melted butter over mixture and mix until mixture resembles wet sand.
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Peel pears, then halve and core. Cut into wedges and then cut in half.
- Toss pears with sugar mixture and transfer to 8-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping over pears.
- Bake until fruit is bubbling around edges and topping is deep golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack about 15 minutes. Serve.
About This Recipe
Asian pears hold up nicely when cooked, try them paired with cinnamon in this fruit crisp.