Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 3 cups elbow, small shell or bowtie pasta
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or tarragon, chopped
- 2 cups cheese (gouda, cheddar, or any combo)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Boil pasta in a large pot til al-dente. Meanwhile, in a 2 cup glass measuring cup, measure flour and butter. Microwave about 1-2 miuntes til golden brown. Slowly stir in milk and continue microwaving til thickened. Stir in fresh herbs. mix drained noodles, sauce, and cheese and put in a greased casserole dish. Bake about 20 minutes. Top with croutons or chopped almonds in the last 5 minutes.
About This Recipe
A new twist on this classic dish.