Alaska Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Dinner, Entrees, Lunch, Vegetarian, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 3 cups elbow, small shell or bowtie pasta
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or tarragon, chopped
- 2 cups cheese (gouda, cheddar, or any combo)
- to your taste croutons or chopped almonds
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil pasta in a large pot until al-dente.
3. Meanwhile, in a 2 cup glass measuring cup, measure flour and butter. Microwave about 1-2 minutes til golden brown.
4. Slowly stir in milk and continue microwaving until thickened. Stir in spices and herbs.
5. Mix drained noodles, sauce, and cheese and put in a greased casserole dish. Bake about 20 minutes.
6. Top with croutons or chopped almonds in the last 5 minutes.
About This Recipe
A new twist on this classic dish.