Apple and Cream Cheese Torte
Desserts, Low Phosphorus, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 10 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided in 1/4 cups
- 1 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Blend in flour.
- Press into a spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread into the spring form pan.
- Toss apples with remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon.
- Arrange apples over cheese filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes until filling is firm and apples have softened.
About This Recipe
This easy and elegant dessert is pretty and delicious.