Based on 4-5 servings per recipe.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup low sodium turkey or chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup per person cooked noodles (poppy seed noodles optional) or cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
In saucepan, cook onion and mushrooms in butter until tender.
Cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles; cook 1 minute more.
Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return to hot mixture.
Cook over low heat for 1 minute more.
Stir in sour cream until blended.
Heat slowly just until hot.
Serve over noodles or rice.
Toss with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon poppy seeds.
About This Recipe
A hearty Hungarian twist to turkey leftovers. Goes well over rice, noodles or the more traditional poppy seed noodles.