Based on 4-5 servings per recipe.
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 cup Low sodium turkey or chicken broth
- 2 Egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 cups Diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup per person Cooked noodles (poppy seed noodles optional) or cooked rice
In saucepan, cook onion and mushrooms in butter till tender.
Blend in flour, paprika, and salt; add broth.
- Link to turkey broth recipe and chicken broth recipe
Cook and stir till mixture thickens and bubbles; cook 1 minute more.
Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return to hot mixture.
Cook over low heat for 1 minute more.
Stir in sour cream till blended.
Heat slowly just till hot.
Serve over noodles or rice.
Poppy seed noodle recipe (optional)
Cook 4 oz. of medium noodles.
Toss with 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
About This Recipe
A hearty hungarian twist to turkey leftovers. Goes well over rice, noodles or the more traditional poppy seed noodles.