Puffy Chili Rellenos Casserole
Breakfast, Dinner, Ethnic, Low Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 fresh whole poblano peppers or any mild pepper like Anaheim, red or green bell peppers
- 8 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, low sodium
- Roast peppers by placing on baking sheet. Place under broiler for about 5 minutes or until skin is lightly charred. Remove from oven and cool.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Mix cheeses and ricotta. Stuff into peppers. Arrange in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, flour, and baking powder until smooth.
- Pour evenly over peppers.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Tip: Serve with our 60-Second Salsa (page 14).
About This Recipe
The baking powder in this recipe creates the soft and puffy texture.