Based on 4-6 servings per recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan or asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups cream, heavy or whipping
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme or rosemary, crumbled or crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking dish with butter, sprinkle garlic over butter.
- Set aside.
- Peel potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- For the low potassium recipe follow these additional steps, otherwise continue to step 6
- Rinse potato slices and place in deep bowl.
- Cover slices completely with lukewarm water (use 10 times water to potatoes).
- Let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pour off water, rinse slices, and pat dry.
- Place single layer of potatoes in buttered dish, sprinkle potato layer with cheese.
- Repeat until all potatoes and cheese are in casserole dish.
- Pour cream to barely cover layers.
- Sprinkle with crushed herbs.
- Place casserole dish on sheet pan or directly on oven rack.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- When done, top will be browned and cream will be thickened but still bubbling.
About This Recipe
Homemade cheesy and creamy potatoes with a hint of thyme or rosemary will be a favorite side dish.