Green Tomatoes with Goat Cheese
Lunch, Snacks, Vegetarian, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 4 medium green tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves, minced
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices toasted french bread
- Cut tomatoes in to 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with oil.
- Place tomato slices, in a single, overlapping layer, in the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with vinegar and scatter minced oregano over tomatoes.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
- Broil 5-8 inches below a preheated broiler and broil until tomatoes are hot and cheese is just starting to brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Place on toasted bread, season with pepper and serve immediately.
About This Recipe
This warm appetizer is sure to be a crowd pleaser at your next party.