Roasted Beets with Orange Zest
Dinner, Holidays, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 4-6 servings per recipe.
- 1 bunch red beets
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the beet tops, leaving about 1/2″ of stem.
- Wash beets thoroughly.
- Wrap beets loosely in foil and place them on a baking sheet.
- Roast beets until tender.
- Allow them to cool.
- Peel beets and cut off their tops and bottom tails.
- Cut them in halves or quarters depending on their size.
- Toss with vinegar to taste.
- Place beets in refrigerator and allow marinading for an hour.
- Before serving, toss the beets with olive oil and orange zest.
About This Recipe
Roasting vegetables creates a soft texture and sweet taste.