Dinner, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, Low Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese, low-fat
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Saute onions and celery in margarine in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir into cottage cheese.
- Add buttermilk, beaten eggs, and seasonings.
- Stir in parsley.
- Slice zucchini in half lenghtwise.
- Place halves, cut side up, in a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread with cottage cheese mixture and bake again, uncovered until done about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
About This Recipe
Bring on the zucchini! This dish is warm and cheesy with Italian flair.