Dinner, Vegetarian, Low Phosphorus, High Potassium, High Protein, Low Sodium
Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 6 Zucchini (Medium)
- 1/2 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (Chopped)
- 4 sticks Celery (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Cottage Cheese (Low-Fat)
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- Preheat oven 350 degree.
- Saute onions and celery in margarine.
- Stir into cottage cheese.
- Add buttermilk, beaten eggs, and seasonings.
- Stir in parsley.
- Slice zucchini in half lenghtwise.
- Place halves, cut side up, in a greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 15 mins.
- Spread with cottage cheese mixture and bread and bake again, uncovered untill done about 15 mins.
- Sprinkle with grated cheeses.
About This Recipe
Bring on the zucchini! This dish is warm and cheesy with Italian flair.