Based on 4-5 servings per recipe.
- 1 package penne, rigatoni, or ziti pasta
- 1 chicken breast, cubed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese or Neufchatel
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh or paste
- Add noodles, cubed raw chicken, broth, kale, mushrooms, garlic, onion, oil, and pepper into Instant Pot. Move noodles so they are covered with broth.
- Cover and secure lid, making sure valve is set to “sealing”.
- Set the manual pressure cook button for 3 minutes.
- When timer goes off, let timer count up to 5 minutes or longer.
- Open lid carefully as steam/pressure may need to be released first.
- Mix in the cheese, tomatoes, Parmesan and basil. Depending on the type of noodles, dish may need to sit for a few minutes after mixed.
Tip: Try other flavors. Use shrimp instead of chicken and spinach instead of kale. Add the spinach at the end of cooking with the cheese.
About This Recipe
Try the Quick Fettucine recipe if you don't have an instant pot.