Based on 8 servings per recipe.
- 1 package Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 pound Mushroom (chopped)
- 3 cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables (frozen)
- 1/4 cup White Wine (optional)
- 3 cups Cooked Chicken, turkey or beef
- 1 Medium baking potato
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2-3 tablespoons Fresh Sage (chopped)
(Serving size is 1/8th of a pie)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave potato for 5-7 minutes. Peel, dice & set aside.
- Melt butter into a large skillet on medium-high & brown onions & mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to medium and add flour.
- Stir for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add water.
- Stir until it thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in: vegetables, meat & herbs.
- Place 1 crust in the pie pan, add filling & top with 2nd crust.
- Press edges together with fork.
- Bake 30-40 minutes.
About This Recipe
To reduce the sodium content further, consider making the pie crust from scratch.