Based on 6 servings per recipe.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces, or shrimp
- 4 cup low sodium chicken broth (see our recipe)
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lemon grass stalk, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce or chili flakes
- 1 inch ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar (brown or white)
- 10 white button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Spray a large pot with non stick cooking spray and cook chicken or shrimp over medium heat until evenly browned.
Add broth (link to recipe here), fish sauce, sugar, chili sauce, lemongrass, and ginger.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Add coconut milk, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Stir in lime juice before serving.
About This Recipe
This twist on chicken soup is slightly creamy with just a bit of heat. Add cilantro as a beautiful garnish.