Based on 4 servings per recipe.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon low sodium cajun blend (Spice Hunter brand)
- 1 pound fish fillets, ground or cubed meat
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 head lettuce, cored and shredded
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
To make the marinade, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, lime zest, honey, garlic, cumin, and Cajun seasoning in a bowl until blended.
Place the meat/fish in a gallon zip lock bag and pour the marinade over the meat.
Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
Grab baking sheet and line with foil for easy clean up.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Remove meat/fish from marinade, drain off excess and disgard remaining marinade.
Bake meat/fish pieces until done, about 25-30 minutes.
Assemble tacos by placing meat/fish pieces in center of taco shells with desired amounts of tomatoes, cilantro, lettuce, sour cream, salso, orand/or any other garnishes desired.
To serve, roll tacos and garnish with lime wedges.
About This Recipe
This recipe was created by Chef Amadeus, a past Food Network star. He cooked for us at our Kidney Health Fests and classes. Check him out at www.chefamadeus.com